Thursday, March 23, 2017

I think some people haven't been doing what they are supposed to.

Something that has really thrown me off is the way I keep hearing from church people that we are supposed to "go love the unlovable."  I keep making new friends and discovering over and over again that people generally are lovable, and not just lovable, but infinitely lovable, which matches what God has said by letting us know he made everyone and is a creative genius.  Yet there is a continual message from the church that some people, or even all people, aren't lovable and yet we are supposed to love them anyway, and of course bring them to church so everyone can see what a sacrifice we have made.  I mean over and over again people just want to say everyone except us of course is so bad and I think the way it sabotages people's efforts to do the second most important commandment there ever was really is a very unlovable thing for the church to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment