Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Questionable Theology

Ok everyone.  I just talked to a pastor at my church and I asked her one of my recent theological questions which is basically how much righteousness do we get from Christ.  Like do we get our own righteousness restored and just get to be ourself as a good person after all, or do we get something infinite in some way, or do we actually get credit for saving people from their sins.  That is where I would say probably not but that was what Christ's righteousness accomplished.  I think this has to do with a concept called limited atonement which is a commonly un-agreed upon thing.  And my pastor is a Baptist but she said that she thinks it might not be about credit. And I think she might be right and I might have been plotting to just get a paycheck from what happened at the cross. Well that is very rude and yet kind of a good idea and I already did apply to be a chaplain at a hospital so I could pray for miracles and then sell some kind of miracle tonic like the risperdal and trileptal that I was supposed to take to prevent these blog posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment