Wednesday, August 26, 2026

 Hello everyone. This post is about a connection between a bible story and mental health topic.  I never thought about it until a support group leader named Kyah said something that made me think of it.  It is about suicidal people staying alive and Jesus's commendation of the widow who gave two cents.

In the bible story, Jesus said that the widow who put two coins in a charity jar gave the most because she gave all that she had.  I always thought about this story having to do mainly with money.

But I think of course it can refer to other things, and for my life, I relate to it as a commonly suicidal person.  Sometimes people with depression or other chronic conditions can only manage to survive.  And the strength is not enough for a lot of other relating and achievement for certain stretches of time.  But as the group leader named Kyah said, staying alive can be a lot.  And I think that is how God sees it too.

So that is interesting. It is very simple.  I mean it can apply to everything, and how it can always pay to do whatever you can, even if it seems like not that much.


No comments:

Post a Comment