Saturday, April 29, 2017

Supermarket Sweep

In recent years, I have found that I am kind of a hog, and I greedily collect things sometimes or order more food than I really need or keep looking for opportunities in a crazed way.  I think some of it could be just some autistic obsession that I should not feel too bad about and should just try to manage as best I can.  But I do think that some hoarding tendencies can be used to pray for people, and you can literally just let yourself mentally be as greedy as humanly possible on everyone else's behalf as you ask God for stuff like health and food and hope and all kinds of other blessings.  I think part of it is the idea behind fasting, where you let yourself be hungry and it fuels prayer.  Even though I don't think God likes greed, when there are 7 billion people to pray for, it might be good to go on an out of control mental shopping spree for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment