Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Reminiscent

Ok everyone, I am sure people thought I would not say something like this, but I am at least going to mention the spiritual topic of plagues as cures. It doesn’t have to be about coronavirus and of course I am sad about people dying. 50 MTA subway workers have died so far, and cops, health workers, and all kinds of people who I of course would not want to ever have died.  But our world has a lot of problems right now worse than death, even if people refuse to ever acknowledge that fact while abusers get away with more and more child abuse, torture, and exploitation of workers essentially on the level of lifelong slavery. As good things come from people abruptly facing mortality and having to adapt to sudden lifestyle changes, some of the bad business people are more obvious, the government problems can’t be denied, and a calling to young people to act on what they have learned is on the table.  And I will not pretend that I don’t hope that God is intervening with some of our society’s ills while we genuinely fight this terrible pandemic that retains its tragic nature even while catalyzing some needed recognition of what is right and wrong. It does not need to be erroneously seen as a blessing of any sort, but God’s wielding of all the bad things in life to get rid of the worse things that people did not fight as well is something I will not ignore and will not keep to myself in case other people can look back in history and see that God has cared all along and always intervened faithfully in ways that outsmarted all of our worst foes and villains.

No comments:

Post a Comment