Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Actors, find a stage.

This post is very similar to the one I just wrote, but I wanted to say something else I have learned as a person with acting skills and attention seeking behavior.  I think that if people have acting talent and have a tendency to play out characters in some kind of Christian sense where you are spending energy on trying to seem a certain way, then a way to immediately fix it is to find some kind of theatre hobby where you actually do acting. I am talking about plays, skits, and stand up comedy.  I think that makes people be themselves in other settings where it is tempting to exaggerate something like goodness, or kindness, or anything else admirable.  People might say well maybe the acting kind of people don't have to be themselves.  Well, some people do struggle more, and maybe acting a little bit here and there is being themselves, but God does mostly tell us to be ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment