Tuesday, June 18, 2024

 Ok everyone, here are some new posts for worldly monk blog.  First one is this, I just saw a lecture title saying “in the beginning was consciousness.”  Well I did not tune in because I don’t believe in replacing a word in the bible like that, especially if the word is God.  Like consciousness is not a synonym and if it was the bible would have told us that.  I did reflect on it and saw some potential for framing the trinity that way, like consciousness, word, spirit, there is some potential.  But mostly I think it is pandering to the easterners who say mantras like “I am God I am God I am God.” I just don’t believe it.  However, it is an interesting topic to think about, and most of all I want to say that doesn’t every selfish person say that in some way through their actions?  Like if we expect people to fetch stuff for us and work on the sabbath for us and be our societal slaves, have we not said to everyone, “I am God.” Well it was part of the temptation in the garden.  So I am sure I missed something interesting in that presentation but sometimes the most interesting idea is “I don’t believe that crap.”

No comments:

Post a Comment